Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why I do what I do

First of all considering this blog is not about me, but about Candy and refuting her, I don't see the need to tell people about me. I don't feel as though anyone comes here for this, and so I will not bore you with details about myself.

Okay, I am sure people wonder why I started this post (if not then placate me, anyway and wonder). I found out about Candy through a couple of friends. It all started on another blog. There was an argument, much of the same, about Catholics, and how they were a cult. This of course was just another Christian trying to emulate Candy. The blog’s author posted a link to Candy’s page, and when I clicked on it, a whole new world opened. I started with the “Anti-Christianity” post. You know, the one that had a picture of people bowing to Mary. I couldn't help but notice the links on the side, and so I investigated the site. The more and more I looked the more I became convinced that Candy was a huge loon. I mean just to be so weird, but to be so judgmental at the same time, highlighted the word irony to me. It is like a mentally handicapped person berating someone for misspelling a word. I feel as though religion is a personal journey, and what maybe correct to one person does not mean that it applies across the board to all. I think that people can congregate under the same roof with the same basic beliefs, but I don’t feel as though there is some universal standards that applies to all. I think that a person’s relationship to their creator is just that a personal relationship. This is why I can’t stand Candy. She is poor (she can’t afford insurance, detergent, trips to the doctor or dentist, taxes, and other items that most people take for granted). I don’t judge her for being poor, at all. Heck, I am trailer trash (not now we live in a home, but when I was young we lived in the poor section of the trailer park). I do judge her for judging and condemning people for not believing exactly as she does. She thinks just because people have items that she can not afford, then they are going to hell. She looks down upon people for having money, because she does not. This is called jealousy or envy .
Now there are other reasons that I do not appreciate Candy. For one, I feel as though she sets up a standard, that she herself does not meet, for her readers. There are several of them that feel incompetent as parents, wives, and people because they can not “keep up” with the Brauers. When you do a little research you will find that the Brauers do not keep up with the Brauers on Candy’s blog. I think that is an abomination to place guilt on other people for not being “perfect” (although even reading Candy’s blog and taking everything factual that she says you can find plenty of fault in her). I also do not appreciate Candy for her bigotry against Catholics. I am not a Catholic, but I do have strong feelings about other people’s religion. I think it is one of the most personal subjects that one can talk about, and to condemn or wag your finger at something that someone holds so dear is just flat out mean and un-Christian. We are a country and culture that enjoys feeling superior. This is what spurs racism, sexism, and other forms of bigotry. The need to not feel as though we are at the bottom is critical for our self esteem. Instead of appreciating each and everyone of us, and trying to understand and relate to other people’s situations and feeling, we, as a society, just do not do that very well. Until we realize that people, other than ourselves, live very different lives, believe very differently based upon our individual experiences, and those experiences shape our reality, which is different from the next person’s reality, we will never be able to grow and understand each other. Candy is at the heart of this. She is rude, mean, and demoralizing to many people. Although I see Candy as a liar and a joke, many people do not, and the damage that she does by either setting expectations that she herself does not meet, judging people by what they believe, and the uneducated advice that she gives has to be refuted in some venue. This is why I do this.
The other reason I do this is out of pure fun and kicks. She is so different than anyone I know (and yes I can be charged with the same issues , as far as judgment, that I accuses Candy of , but at the same time I realize this, something Candy is incapable of, and I am willing to discuss these issues, something again Candy is incapable of) that I sit jaw dropped reading some of her posts. I enjoy the blind flock of followers. They follow her lock and step into ignorance. I really believe this is a perfect example of the cliché ignorance is bliss. Have a wonderful weekend

13 comments:

candyisascrazyasitgets has moved to http://www.candyisaliar.blogspot.com/ said...

http://minuteman.americansolutions.com/

This is Candy's "hubby's" site. A minute man from oklahoma. I live in Texas for God's sake. Can illegal immigration be that bad in Oklahoma. I mean I don't even think Mexicans want to live in Oklahoma. It is funny about his anti taxes stance, considering he does not pay them.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post!!

joni said...

Now that I have her address, I am thinking of sending her a $20 gift certificate to the Hair Cuttery. She really needs to do something with the split ends and the bangs. This might open more doors to her modeling career.

My children leave for camp on Sunday X2 weeks. We are making the trek to down to NC and then off to the Inn at Biltmore estates. I don't think Candy would approve of these plans. The camp is Christian based but still...I don't think Candy would approve. The camp is in the mountains...nope I still don't think she would approve. One of the activities is teaching how to make a spider your pet. Ok, I think she would approve of this.


Do you think the kids wake up and say.

Crap, another day with Mom and her freakin schedule.

Lets put the spider we caught last nite in her recliner.

No, not the park again--other kids don't want to play with me because my mother is running in a dress and we can see the bloomers.

I have to clean the van again with clorox. Mom, I am only two.

Can't we go to the real library. Ours really suck big time.

I am so sick and tired of Mom taking pictures of our trailer and showing the world.

Why can't we go to a real waterpark--not the free one where all there is is a couple of spouts coming from the cement.

Can't I order what I want from the fancy B'que. Why did that waitress just flip us off.

Mom, can I have one of your split ends and then I can look at it under a microscope.

Dad, Mom was blogging on the computer all day and we did not learn anything today.

Why did Mom just yell at the nun about being Catholic?


Mom, my black tooth just fell out. It smells

I must stop and pack.

candyisascrazyasitgets has moved to http://www.candyisaliar.blogspot.com/ said...

That is so true! I remember being mortified by my mom being with me, and she was normal. Look at those dorks racing their mom, and she is wearing a dress. What are they drinking? Is that buttermilk? It is like 100 degrees, what is wrong with them? Is that necrosis setting in on her finger, gross.

nightowl said...

Thanks for this post, it was excellent! I agree with you on many things - and to be honest I get some sort of insane thrill out your posts, because I find her so bizarre. I guess I just needed to hear someone else is reading her blog and instead of admiring her fantasy life, is thinking WTF???? I can't quite figure out why I keep going back and reading, I guess I'm just like a rubbernecker passing by a trainwreck.

I tell you something that irritates me about her "I never have a bad f'ing day" posts. She will go and admit she has off-days - but she refuses to admit that SHE ever does anything wrong. No, other things may go wrong, and she just "handles" them with such beauty and grace....oh give me a break! This is what makes her so obviously a fake. Get real and admit your "hubby" gets on your nerves from time to time, admit you wish you had more money, admit you yelled at your kids, admit you were too tired to really exercise today, admit you didn't change the scoby mushroom thingy, admit you drink soda from time to time, admit you played around on the computer for 5 hours straight. Oh, here's a new one - admit you posted lies about the Catholic church! (A real pet peeve with me, in case you haven't noticed!)

Anyways, I had wondered how you found her website because you don't strike me as someone looking for homemaking tips. ;)

nightowl said...

Oh and speaking of those trying to emulate Candy...check out Fruit of the Spirit's blog

http://fruitofthespiritg.blogspot.com/

LOL! Her "meez" looks exactly like Candy's.

She needs to drop the "of the Spirit" part and add "cake."

nightowl said...

In case you were wondering what Mr. Candy looked like...

http://www.meez.com/profile.dm?uname=minutemann


I'm just dying here!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

OK, it's Saturday, I've got to go find something better to do with my time.....

Anonymous said...

Mr. Candy is as crazy as Mrs. Candy!! Sorry, but my hubby would Never go and do a meez.... weird!

luckie50 said...

Looks like Meez is going to take over their life now. They are already changing pics, etc.

nightowl said...

But where are Candy's Star Trek zipper boots?

Anonymous said...

look how she compares the meez pic to her own pic side by side... creepy!

concernedcitizen said...

Look out....Candy is out on the dance floor tonight! I wonder if Candy break dances??!!

candyisascrazyasitgets has moved to http://www.candyisaliar.blogspot.com/ said...

Surely she does not do the Lambada, considering it is forbidden. She has crazy eyes.