Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So A MENSA Candidate Huh?

http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/ June 9 2008 Candy writes:

"Hubby and I explained how you could eat at this fancy restaurant, but walk away having only paid 12-18 dollars for full tummies. We pointed out the "hidden treasures" on the menu. (We eat there regularly.) We were all full and happy. We all went dutch, so each family paid for their own. I don't know what the other two families had, but my family had BBQ turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, Beef Briscuit, complimentary bread with honey butter, and chicken and corn chowder. Good stuff!" and "Swylv, yes, we order two main dishes - the turkey and briscuit, and several extra plates. The servings at that restuarant are HUGE! :-? I could have one of their dishes, and divide that one dish into my breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and may still have leftovers."



First of all I would like to make an assumption. People that fill up on the "complimnetary" items usually are the worst tippers in the world. So let us all now pray for the poor waiter or waitress that made 10% of 12-13 dollars for a family of 6. Good job, and I wonder why the government has to do charity or welfare programs. It could be because good Christians such as Candy suck at being charitable.

Secondly, I could be wrong, and maybe this place serves brisket on a buscuit, but I think the true story is that the woman too good for MENSA can't spell Brisket. I know she is "blogging at high speed" and has asked forgiveness for her grammatical mistakes, but she made this mistake twice and at two different times.



MENSA I don't think so.

2 comments:

nightowl said...

That reminds me of my son when he was little, he loved brisket but constantly called it "biscuit." It took us a while to realize he was wanting brisket for dinner, and not a biscuit.

However, he was TWO at the time....

concernedcitizen said...

Candy is mentally two.