Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sorry for the dealy...I maybe in and out during the month of July

This is going to be a hectic month. We are incredibly busy at work, and I usually fill in dead time with this blog, but I am seeing very little dead time in the month of July. Please bare with me; I will do everything I can to stay caught up, but to be honest this blog is rather low on the priority list as far as work, family, and keeping up with my home goes. After July though I am free to spend every second, which I should be working, concentrating on Candy.

Now to Candy's recent post with the link about the Catholics. First, I don't think Candy realizes that the King James Bible was actually published in 1611, and was originally introduced for interpretation in 1604. I find this interesting considering there are only like the last three doctrines that post date this. I am wondering why is that a religion, created sometime around 300 a.d., is such a cult compared to a Bible that was written almost 1300 years afterwards. I mean this is like the Scientologist proclaiming that Buddhism is a false religion to me. Secondly, what in that link proves that Catholicism is a cult. They may disagree with the doctrines, but how does it still make it a cult. Pick on the Mormons, Scientoligist, Heaven's Gate, and other newly formed religion, before you talk about a religion that was created 300 years after Jesus' death. To me this seems as close as one can get to the actual story, and to bash it seems a little ignorant.

No comments: